The 18th Annual PossAbilities & Kid’s Triathlon will be held at the Loma Linda University Drayson Center located at: 25040 Stewart Street Loma Linda, CA 92354. The event will take place on April 19th, 2020 at 7am!
ONLINE registration is now LIVE. To register for the 18th Annual PossAbilities Triathlon please click HERE. Manual registration can be done by completing a registration form and mailing it to: Loma Linda University PossAbilities, 25455 Barton Rd., Suite #109A, Loma Linda, CA. 92354
You may download, print and mail-in registration to the PossAbilities office no later than April 9th, 2020.
If you are interested in being a vendor at the event please complete this Vendor Application.
The Vendor Setup will be at the Drayson Center soccer field at 25040 Stewart Street, Loma Linda, on 4/18 Saturday @ sunset around 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm OR 4/19 Sunday 5:30 am to 7:00 am. The Vendor Timeline for the event will be:
Booth Set-Up (Saturday or Sunday)
5:30 am Event registration opens
7:00 am Adult Tri and 5K starts
9:00 am Kids Tri starts
10:30 am Tear-Down
If you would like to include something in the participant GOODIE BAGS, please drop off a quantity of 900 items to the PossAbilities office no later than 4/10 at 12:00 pm. We would like to thank you for your participation and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 909-558-6384 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register as a volunteer and to view the schedule for this event please click HERE. Thank you so much for supporting this wonderful event!
The Kid’s Triathlon is composed of a 1/4 mile run/walk/roll, a 1/4 mile bike ride and a 25 yard swim in the Drayson Center pool. Finisher medals will be given to all participants.
- All challenged athletes – FREE
- Click HERE to see the fee for your category.
If using mail-in registration, please make checks payable to: Loma Linda University PossAbilities.
Online registration deadline is 2:00pm, April 17th, 2020.
Mail-In registration deadline is 2:00pm, April 10th, 2020.
Challenged Athletes Categories for Adult Triathlon:
Paratriathlon Competition Categories These shall be established based on physical disabilities. The six (6) Paratriathlon categories are as follows:
TRI 1 – Handcycle: Paraplegic, Quadriplegic, Polio, Double Leg Amputee. Must have a minimum of 20% impairment of any one limb. Must use handcycle for the bicycle portion and racing wheelchair for the run portion.
TRI 2 – Severe Leg impairment: Above-knee Amputees. Must have a minimum of 20% impairment of any one limb. Athlete must ride bicycle and run with approved prosthesis for the affected limbs (as identified during classification) or crutches. Racing wheelchairs are not allowed.
TRI 3 – Les Autres: Includes athletes with Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, Double Leg Amputee (runners) or Paralysis in multiple limbs. Must have a minimum of 20% impairment of any one limb. Must ride a bicycle or tricycle and run. May use cane, braces or prosthesis during run portion. No racing wheelchairs.
TRI 4 – Arm impairment: Including Above and Below Elbow Amputees or “impairment” in one or both upper limbs. Must have a minimum of 20% impairment of any one limb. Athletes may use prosthesis, brace or sling on the bike and/or run.
TRI 5 – Moderate leg impairment: Below-knee amputees. Must have a minimum of 20% impairment of any one limb. Athlete must ride bicycle and run with approved prosthesis for the affected limb (as identified during classification) or crutches.
TRI 6 – Visual Impairment: Legally Blind. (20/200 vision with best corrected vision). It is mandatory that only one guide of the same sex may be used throughout the race. Athlete is tethered during the swim portion, must ride a tandem bicycle, and may choose an elbow lead, tether lead, or run free. Black-out glasses must be worn on the run.
PACKET PICK UP
You may pick up your race packet (after sunset) on Saturday night April 18th from 7:30pm to 8:30pm at the Loma Linda Drayson Center Soccer field located at: 25040 Stewart Street Loma Linda, CA 92354.
Please arrive early for event parking. The event starts at 7am sharp! You may park in the following areas:
- Parking lot on the corner of Shepardson St. and Benton Ave. You MUST arrive before 6:00am to park here due to street closure for the race. Access to this lot will reopen after 11am.
- Parking lot on Mound Street behind the Bank of America (in front of the Loma Linda Market).
- Any curb parking available on streets that have not been closed in the vicinity of the Drayson Center.
- Challenged athlete parking will be on the lot on the corner of Mound St. and Shepardson St. across from the soccer field.
- Lot X located at the end of Campus Dr. behind the Centennial Complex.
VIP parking at the Drayson Center will be available for event sponsors.
The adult triathlon is composed of three different segments, the 5K (3.1 mile) run/walk/roll course, the 11 mile bike course, and finally the 150 yard swim course. You will complete the race in that order (run, bike, swim).
Run/Walk/Roll Course Route
The run/walk/roll course is 3.1 miles in length. When running please stay to the right hand side of the street to allow room for runners that are returning in the opposite direction.
Bike Course Route
The bike course is 11 miles in length. You will complete 3 loops around Barton Road before returning to the transition area to prepare for your swim. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RIDE YOUR BIKE IN THE TRANSITION AREA! You MUST wear a helmet when on the bike course!
For the safety of our participants and local residents, YOU MAY BE INSTRUCTED TO COME TO A COMPLETE STOP AT THE CORNER OF CAMPUS ST. AND BARTON RD.
Swim Course Route
The swim portion of the race will be held in the Drayson Center pool. You will complete 150 yards (6 laps of the pool) following the indicated path for swimming. Lifeguards will be there to direct you. When you complete this course you will exit the pool and head towards the finish line to receive your finisher’s medal!
TRANSITION AREA RULES/ETIQUETTE
When in the transition area please observe the following etiquette.
- Park your bike on the rack and leave your belongings next to your bike. DO NOT TOUCH, REMOVE OR APPROPRIATE ANY EQUIPMENT THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU!!! You MUST wear an ANSI or Snell approved helmet when on the bike course.
- You are responsible for your own safety and working condition of your bicycle.
- Do NOT ride your bike while in the transition area. Escort your bike to the end of the transition area and mount your bike when you reach the sign that reads, “Mount Bike Here!”
- Unless you are a participant in the race please keep transition area free of pedestrian traffic. We want to avoid collisions with athletes that are running in/out of the transition area. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please check to make sure you are removing YOUR bike and not a bike that looks similar to yours. There will be many bikes that appear similar. Please double check to make sure you are not accidently taking someone else’s bike.